Archive handler or how to restore database

I have had a computer crash that has caused IPS to indicate a problem with the Archive handler. ! Archive Handler
Trying to edit the archive handler or any variable will produce an error saying
„No class registered for invokable interface IIPSArchiveControl“
Does this error message mean that the database is corrupt?

Trying to use the help for Datenbank-Wiederherstellung does not work quite, as I believe the syntax for SQLite is not described correctly.
It would be nice with some full command line examples.
If I in SQLite enter „PRAGMA integrity_check;“ I receive an OK, but how do I define SQLite to test a specific database file as the logging.db?

Is „sqlite3.exe logging.db.backup .dump | sqlite3.exe logging.db“ (found in the help for Datenbank-Wiederherstellung) a command line command or is it a short instruction?

Any help or suggestiions would be very much appreciated!

Kirre

Is „sqlite3.exe logging.db.backup .dump | sqlite3.exe logging.db“ (found in the help for Datenbank-Wiederherstellung) a command line command or is it a short instruction?

This is a command line command.

You can post a logfile of IP-Symcon. There, it should be mentioned why the Archive Handler failed to load.

paresy

I checked the logfile and it said:
2012-03-26 00:27:00.181 | 15102 | MESSAGE | Archive Control | Creating…
2012-03-26 00:27:00.197 | 15102 | MESSAGE | Archive Control | Using Provider: SQLite
2012-03-26 00:27:07.747 | 15102 | MESSAGE | Archive Control | Deleting…
2012-03-26 00:27:07.747 | 15102 | ERROR | Archive Control | database disk image is malformed
2012-03-26 00:27:07.747 | 15102 | ERROR | InstanceManager | Failed creating Instance #15102, Error: database disk image is malformed

Having first renamed the loggin.db to loggin.db.backup .
Then entered the command line „sqlite3.exe logging.db.backup .dump | sqlite3.exe logging.db“. The command takes a minute or so to complete.
Then I ran the scrip described in „Datenbank-Wiederherstellung“ help.
Restarted the IPS service the Archive handler problem is fixed!

I will start to make more frequent backups of the complete IP-Symcon folder!

Happy again!
Thanks for all hard work with IP-Symcon!

Kirre