+ Antworten
Seite 2 von 2 ErsteErste 1 2
Ergebnis 11 bis 15 von 15

Good morning Paresy,

No visual studio installed. I just downloaded the latest version from the Microsoft site to see what went wrong.Because the error disappears so quickly in your setup I had to do it manually.

This morning I have more time to look into it. I de-installed both the x86 and the x64 version of the 2015 redistributable (Plex server wasn't starting any more so I think the redistributables came from plex . Now the ip-symcon 4.1 installation continued and installed without a problem.

After a reboot the strangest things started to happen. When I switch on a light a pump start running. Also lot's of buttons connected to the DS2408's changed values and other things went on and off (like the boiler and the watering of the garden . I intimidate killed the 4.1 service and went back to the 3.4 version, all is stable again. Because I am running it on a production environment I will start to build a 4.1 environment from scratch and hookup a DS2408 with nothing attached to it.

I now have the 3.4 version running with the LinkUSB (no blue DS somthing R any more). I only get an 1-wire error when I switch something rapidly on and off. Left everything standard so probably have to do some reading how to configure the LinkUSB. I will leave this running for a while.

The bad news: I don't think you fixed the bug but made it a little bit worse. Or something else goes wrong...

Robert

Standard After a few hours of testing!

Hi,

Quick update: build a test environment with the blue stick, an inverted DS2408 from hobbyboard and the 4.1 build # 82.

Started with the same configuration as the production environment: port 0,1,2 and 6 as Output and the checkbox 'inverted' checked on ports 0, 1, 2 and 6. The reading interval was set to 0. Pushed the On(0) button in the Test-center and all went on (so port 0,1,2, and 6 went on) when pushing the Off(0) button all went off. When pushing the On(0) button twice first ports 0,1,2 and 6 come on, pushing button On(0) again only port 0 stays on. If I now push the Off(0) button port 0 goes off and all the other port go on. Similar happens when pushing On(1) and Off(1) etc. I can build a nice flashing Christmas tree out of them, if you want I can put it on youtube, hahaha.

Now looking at the interface, I still have the interval set to 0! The latches follow exactly what has been switched on or off. So when port 0 is on the interface shows true. The input ports all show False on the latches and True on the status fields (you mix False and Off, but all are on 0 . Now I set the Interval to say 10 seconds and after the 10 seconds the input values change (so the starting point was not okay).

After a few hours of playing I came to the following conclusion:
    1) Don't use the Invert option for Digital Outputs, the latches go everywhere . If I leave them off they work normally.
    2) Invert for Digital Inputs works okay for the Status fields . Don't look at the Latch values because they also go everywhere (same behaviour as with the outputs) .
    3) Default the States fields are not set correctly. After the first reading they will be set correctly. In my case default is On and after the first reading they switch to Off. When inverted the default value is still Off.

Above behaviour does not exist in the 3.4 version using the TMEX drivers.

Take care , I am off to the beach .
    Robert
    Geändert von robertg (01.09.16 um 17:59 Uhr)

I could verify the issue and indeed made it worse My bit-magic seems a bit rusty. I hopefully got it right this time. I will post another update in the afternoon!

paresy

@Paresy: Last night I read that there is a special bit for switching all on and off. I think you moved to many bits and went into the special area . So instead of being rusty I would say your are adding special effects .

I still have the test DS2408 set up so will try the new special effects when you are ready, LOL

Robert

Thumbs up Closed!!!

@paresy: you may close this bug . Works like a charm!

I now understand why you say it never worked well before. I have to make some small adjustments in my code (nothing drastic). The good thing now is that with every Inverted option checked the DS2408 board from HobbyBoard now reacts like a normal DS2408 board. Good Job!!! I will also change every line to the OW_Pin function.

Love to hear when it's save to move over to the 4.1 version!

Thanks,
    Robert