Symcon, EnOcean Push button and switch actuator sync issues

Hi fellow Symcon users,

I am in need of some assistance, I hope someone could help me with my problem.

I have an EnOcean PTM 215 Push button, a RCM 250 switch actuator and a EnOcean Pi gateway.

At the moment I can turn the light on (actuator connected to the light) by pushing the push button (push button talks directly to the light actuator) and I can also turn the light on from Symcon (gateway talks to light actuator). The problem I have is that the status variable of the actuator gets out of synk when the light is turned on/off from the light push button.

The status variable of the actuator is read only as fare as I can see.

What is the „right“ way of doing this? Should the push button only talk to Symcon which in turn talks to the actuator? Or should the push button be able to directly turn the light on and at the same time update a status variable so that Symcon know if the lights is on or off?

If I choose the option that lets the push button control the actuator directly and update the status in Symcon how do I do this?

Do I need to create a custom status variabel as the one connected with the EnOcean actuator in the Symcon module is read only?

How do I get the status from the switch to update the status variabel of the actuator?

Thanks in advance.

yoggi

I don’t know the specifics about your hardware. Does the actuator have some back channel and you can read its current state? In that case, you could add an event, that is triggered when the button is pressed that updates the state of the actuator. In my opinion, this would be the preferred way to go.

If the device does not have a back channel, things become more complicated. I do not recommend to move the action to IP-Symcon if you can use a direct connection.

A helper variable would be an option. Another could be to send the action to the operator via direct connection and IP-Symcon. The actuator will receive two commands every time it’s activated via button, but that shouldn’t cause any problems, since the device is switched on and then receives another „On“ command, which should have no effect. However, it depends on the actor if this is valid.

Hi Dr. Niels,

Thanks for you answer.

Unfortunately the actuator dose not have a back channel it is unidirectional so I hade to result to use 4 events to keep the helper variabel updated (maybe it could be done with less, I am not sure as I am a beginner with IPS).

I don’t know the specifics about your hardware. Does the actuator have some back channel and you can read its current state? In that case, you could add an event, that is triggered when the button is pressed that updates the state of the actuator. In my opinion, this would be the preferred way to go.

Regarding the „preferred way“, if I get an actuator with a back channel how can I change the state of the actuator as it is read only?

yoggi

Hi yoggi,

you can create a script like this.

<?
ENO_SwitchMode(16936'//Instanz of Actor', !GetValue(43423'//Variable State from Actor'));
?>

Add a event with trigger from State .Button with update Variables to the Script.

Most actors with a back channel update their variables automatically. So, even if the actor is changed from some outside source, the variable in IP-Symcon will update.

Should that not work automatically, those actors often have a function to refresh the variables depending on the real actor state.

Enocean works with telegrams, the button send a telegram and after switching the actor, the actor sends an telegram, both have unequal adresses, first with adress from the button, second with adress from the actor, so you have to use the adress from the actor as back-adress for the IP Symcon-Device