Change of Platform
A change of platform is possible without any problems. No data or settings are lost in the process.
Steps for a Change of Platform
The following steps need to be executed to change from an initial platform to a target platform.
- Install IP-Symcon on the target platform.
- Terminate IPS service on the initial and the target platform.
- Create backup on the initial platform.
- Use Load backup to integrate the produced backup on the target platform.
- Start the service on the target platform.
Watch out for the IP-Symcon versions of the initial and the target platform. If the versions are different, migrations need to be done eventually. For example, changing from version 3.4 to a higher version is impossible otherwise.