Translation is in progress...
Not all topics are available at the moment and content links may be broken.
The installation is only possible with a valid subscription.
A regular backup is recommended to ensure that your system is as current as possible in case of a defect. Even more, an active subscription is required to download IP-Symcon anew in case of a complete loss of data.
- NAS with Intel CPU. An overview can be found at QNAP - Product Comparison
- NAS with Container Station support. An overview can be found at QNAP - Container Station
- Current Intel-based models from QNAP that support Container Station: TS-x51, TS-x51+, TS-x51A, TS-x53, TS-x53B, TBS-453A, TS-x53A, TS/TVS-x63, TVS-x70, TVS-x71, TS / SS-x79, TS/TVS-x80, TS-1685, TDS-16489U und TVS-x82-Serie (Stand: August 2018)
- Open Container Station
- Search for symcon/symcon in the Docker Hub and install/create the image (choose a tag, e.g., latest)
- Choose a name and open Advanced Settings
- Adjust Share Settings (/root, /var/lib/symcon, /var/log/symcon need to be stated!)
- Adjust Network Settings (3777 to 3777 TCP)
- Confirm with Create to create and start the container
Updating requires the removal and recreation of the container, as described under Install. The tool "Portainer" can significantly simplify updating. A tutorial can be found in the Docker Area.
For the uninstallation, the container needs to be stop and removed afterwards. The linked directories for the files need to be removed manually.
Due to the container structure KNX and HomeMatic messages contain an IP address as response address that is used only internally and as such, responses could not be received as intended. To receive these messages correctly, NATSupport needs to be set up.
- The Invalid Link: Special Switches "NATSupport" needs to be activated and IP-Symcon restarted afterwards.
- The port of the affected system needs to be mapped to the container. For KNX, this is 52000 by default and for HomeMatic this is 5544 by default. So, for example, the port 52000 would need to be mapped to 52000 for KNX.
- A new field "PublicIP" appears in the affected I/O or Splitter instances. The external IP of Docker needs to be entered here. For KNX, this needs to be set at the splitter "EIB Gateway" and for HomeMatic at the I/O "HomeMatic Socket".