Require: IP-Symcon >= 5.4
The 'Announcement' module offers the possibility to play back audio data generated by AWS Polly via Sonos or under Windows the Media Player.
- Playback of audio data generated by AWS Polly via a Sonos player or the "Symcon" media player
- Volume of the announcement is adjustable
- Announcement on change of text variable. Alternatively via offered function
- Install the 'Announcement' module via the Module Store.
Setting up the instances in IP-Symcon
- Under 'Add Instance' the 'Announcement' module can be found using the quick filter.
- More information about adding instances in the Instances documentation
|Text-to-Speeach instance||AWS Polly instance, which should be used to create the announcement. The output format must be mp3. Sonos can only be used with sampling rates 16000 Hz, 22050 Hz, 24000 Hz, 32000 Hz, 44100 Hz, 48000 Hz|
|Output Device||Output Instance Type|
|Symcon IP||The IP address where the Sonos player reaches IP Symcon.|
|Sonos/Media Player||Instance over which the announcement is played|
|Volume||Sonos: the volume change of the announcement (0 → no change , 50 → 50, +10 → louder by 10) Media Player: the volume of the announcement in percent (will not be reset)|
The status variables/categories are created automatically. Deleting individual ones can lead to malfunctions.
|Text||String||Text which is used for the announcement. When the variable is updated, the content is played back.|